Lunes, Pebrero 17, 2014

Post 5: Ghosts: Breath in, Breath out !

What would you do if it is the first time you see a ghost? typically the answer would be run and scream out loud or run and try to get away from it as far as you could. It is funny how people react when it comes to ghosts some people are scared to death they go crazy. We are trained to be scared at these things that's why we always have that common reaction when it comes to these matters but should we be afraid of ghosts?

I grew up as a child with fear of ghosts just like every other child in my generation. I think fearing of ghosts was one of the disciplinary techniques parents use to discipline children. I remembered that my mom mentioned to me when I was young that I should never stay late outside the house because of the so called "Aswang" would take me away. The first time I saw a ghost I never thought of running away I was so scared that I became frozen for ten minutes unable to move. That experience was pretty scary but I got over it.

I have read an article called Phasmophobia (fear of ghosts) by Lisa Fritscher, Phasmophobia or the fear of ghosts is overwhelming and life-limiting. Some experts feel that a phobia of ghosts may be symptomatic of a more serious disorder. This disorder is commonly related to Thanatophobia (fear of death). This phobia is also affected by magical thinking, religious beliefs, and parapsychology.

Fritscher also added, "Since the existence of the supernatural cannot be proven, phasmophobia can be somewhat difficult to treat under conventional methods." Not everyone see ghosts as I have mentioned from my past blog that is why it is difficult to treat because some doesn't have any knowledge on how to tackle this kind of problem and other people are has not opened up to these things. You will have a hard time finding people that really knows how to do the work which is kind of expensive.

In another article called Should You Be Afraid of Ghosts? by Stephen Wagner, Ghosts are not evil. We are just living in an era of ghost fearing people and it is mainly because of movies, books and stories that people look at ghosts as if they can hurt people. The exaggeration of the entertainment society has made a great change in the way how people think. Ghosts are harmless though they intend to scratch walls, make weird sounds, and they try to be seen. Poltergeists are the ghosts that are capable of harming people.

Wagner also added, "The primitive parts of our brain that respond to instinct when a threat is something unknown that might leap out of the darkness, we'd just as soon flee."  Every person has this instinct because people are easily overwhelmed by the fear of getting hurt or to be in a trouble which cannot be removed in one individuals system.

People have different reactions when comes to seeing because people are born with different natural instincts and to top it all up seeing anything unusual is startling. Some may scream, some may run, some may cry , and some may die from the horror. Ghosts are ghosts they will always represent fear and horror, that is our way of life. They are everywhere, do not run and never hide so when you see a ghost just breathe in and breathe out !






Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento